Monday 1 November 2010

First Attempt

After looking at several different sketches and paintings I had a go at drawing my own line art. I wanted to create an ugly old dragon with teeth and horns sticking out at odd angles and I'm not too happy with it as it was the first thing I drew, but it will do for now as I want to test out this tutorial:

Here's my design:
Like I said, its a bit crappy and out of proportion but I'm too eager to try out this tutorial for now to bother. One of my flatmates spotted it and thought it was the dragon from Eragon, which I've never seen, so unfortunately it doesn't seem to be very original! I did some other smaller sketches and came up with a couple of nice designs- one based on a frilled dragon and another water dwelling dragon/monster, which I'd love to put into a photo I took of a swampy river in Florida when I get my tablet. It still hasn't shipped so I just have to be patient- which everyone who knows me says I'm rubbish at!

No comments:

Post a Comment