Wednesday 3 November 2010

The Sketchbook Project

About a month ago a signed up to an exciting little idea called The Sketchbook Project as something do in my spare time, to improve my art skill and as something really interesting to put on my CV.

You pay for a little sketchbook and it gets posted to you, then you fill it up with ideas from your chosen theme (you have to choose from a list), and send it back by the deadline in January. Here's the great part- it goes round a tour of America, then ends up permanently in the Brooklyn Art Library! You get a bar code with your book and you get notifications every time someone looks in it, which is pretty cool. There's still time to sign up so here's the link: http://arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject/

I was going to save filling it in for over Christmas when I don't have any work to do, but as I have the morning off and I'm still waiting for my tablet I'm going to give it a start. The theme I've chosen is 'Help', which I'm extending to 'Help save our species'. I'm planning to draw and write about beautiful and unusual endangered and critically endangered species because I am a huge animal lover, and I hope it will inspire and be thought provoking to whoever opens it.

No comments:

Post a Comment